[SML] Upgrading dimmer racks

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Tue Feb 24 01:36:06 UTC 2015

> For an existing facility  I'd make all new lights smart LEDs.   This
> will reduce the power needed for the dimmer rack and you can probably do
> circuit breakers off of there to the new lights.

That isn't going to happen. Decent LED fixtures are very expensive.

The existing 12 packs are slowly failing and need to be replaced. There is no
way that the assumed budget would begin to purchase enough smart LED fixtures.

Another option would be to buy new controller boards for the two existing
packs and purchase a small additional analog rack.

Bill