[SML] Projector dowser redux

Joe Dunfee joe at dunfee.com
Tue Feb 24 19:20:11 UTC 2015

One thing I have thought about, but never implemented, was the idea of using
a Mirror-type robotic light fixture that have DMX capability. It would
probably be a cheap DJ type of fixture. Take the bulb out, since it won't be
used. I envision using the moving mirror to control something that can block
the light. I can think of a few possible scenarios;

#1) Aim the projector output onto the mirror of the wiggle-light, and simply
aim the mirror away from the stage, when you don't need it used.

#2) Use the back of the mirror to block the projector output.  Then, turn it
90 deg to allow the beam to pass.

#3) An alternative, and perhaps more elegant solution it to remove the servo
that hold the mirror, leaving only the one at the base. Then, affix a
lightweight black object to that servo shaft.  Under DMX control, you can
now rotate that black shutter to block the projected light.

There is also the tiny moving-head DJ type of fixtures.  It may be viable to
attach a small flag-like structure to the unit, so that the flag can be
positioned into the path of the projector beam.

-joe