[SML] Fwd: refill inks for plotters

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Thu Jan 8 03:53:04 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Scott C. Parker via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I have an old HP 450C inkjet plotter and I'm considering using an ink refill
> kit to fill the cartridges. As the plotter is way out of warranty, voiding
> such is not an issue.
> Does anyone have experience and/or recommendations as to refill kits?

I too have a 450c, and have considered refill kits... have used a
couple at home, and *WHAT* a mess. And I'm super-careful and fussy
about wearing gloves and all that... but something somewhere still
gets ink on it. (Usually my hands, but not always.) I've also had
problems about being able to tell if the cartridge is 'full' or not...
sometimes I won't know until one cartridge dies earlier than the
others.

I am planning on taking in carts for refills at a local store (like
Frys, maybe)....

As for home-grown refilling, I've enjoyed the prices and quality of InkOwl.com .

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com