[SML] OT : Hanging Flat Screen TV

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Thu Jul 2 00:54:40 UTC 2015

> It seems there is the 3/4" or so of the pine, then horizontal nailing strips
> that I can see the rows of brads through the tongue and grove.  I think THAT
> attached to the studs.

That is standard practice - sometimes there is an underlayment nailed to the
studs, then the furring strips nailed to the underlayment. It doesn't sound
like your installation has underlayment.

Other concerns would be about how well the nailing/furring strips are secured
to the studs or underlayment, the spacing of the studs and the spacing of the
furring strips.

The nailing pattern may tell you the furring strip spacing. Keep in mind that
a sloppy installation may not necessarily have evenly spaced (or level)
strips.

Bill