[SML] (Sort of semi-OT) The Un-Carrier

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 22 18:24:09 UTC 2015

> . Less enough that I've contemplated getting a simple "dumb" phone (I *really* miss flip phones) on Verizon purely for voice calls.

I got a new dumb phone to replace my old dumb phone….an old Motorola Razr…..new dumb one in dust proof, water proof (to 6 feet) and shock resistant…..we'll see how well it does when i accidentally drop it off a ladder while at work.  The old Motorola has dropped several times and still works fine…it just needed a new battery……maybe I'll turn it into a Star Trek communication device????
We're on Verizon family more of everything plan……mostly it's just more of money. (like $300+/month)  The three kids (grown) use all 15 G of data every month but all our calls and text are free not only to the kids but to my wife's family as well…I don't talk to mine much…of course, we could just call on the land line which is phone over internet so the calls are "free"  except for that pesky fee from time warner….

DickA
TD, Cornell u