[SML] (Sort of semi-OT) The Un-Carrier

Paul Sanow psanowbca at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:10:40 UTC 2015

I was on the phone with T-Mobile the other day about another issue and the
rep asked if I was using the wifi calling feature.  I said no because I had
a drop in the house and turned it off assuming that was the problem.  They
offered to send a no-charge wifi router- more powerful than the consumer
models I have here.  I plugged it in and it does work with good range.  So
try the wifi calling in the house and if not apparently they are happy to
send a box for free.  I asked the catch and got a vague answer about their
interest in call quality and reduced traffic on the towers.  Just have to
send it back if you breakup with them.  I got a zero invoice in the mail.

On another matter it was recently recommended to me to change the (iPhone
6) Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE to "Data Only".  Explanation was LTE
doesn't help calls much and is more for data.  They think I will have
better call reliability not using LTE.  Not enough experience to say if it
works.  I'll know more this weekend when I get out of town.

For what it's worth the @TMobileHelp twitter people seemed to be responsive
using twitter DM.

Good luck
Paul