[SML] Mapping/Cropping projection to flats/other

Andy Lang andy at ducksecho.com
Sun Mar 1 21:08:47 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 10:18 PM, gbierly via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I am sure others will chime in but Qlab ROCKS for this kind of application.  You will need the Basic Video License to do the custom geometry or the Pro Video License if you want to do more intense masking or warping.

***Commercial message warning…***

Thanks, Greg! Also, for those who haven't played with it in a while,
as Greg alludes to, QLab 3.1 added some major new features in terms of
warping over what we originally introduced in QLab 3.0. In QLab 3.0,
we introduced the concept of surfaces, which addresses a lot of what
Scott's asking for, but advanced warping involved routing it to Mad
Mapper via Syphon. As of the release of version 3.1, QLab now covers
the vast majority of use cases internally, without needing to purchase
additional third-party tools.

You can find a rundown that Sean wrote about the new video changes
when 3.1 came out here:

http://figure53.com/notes/2014-08-12-qlab-3.1-video/

They're big enough that other companies might have made them a paid
upgrade, but that's not how we roll :-)

Also, a reminder that those of you at educational institutions qualify
for a discount; email us at support at figure53.com for details.

Best always,
Andy
Figure 53 Support Guru