[SML] railing height on a temporary platform

Maia Robbins-Zust mrzust at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 03:24:26 UTC 2015

Dan:

Railing height is based on usage as well as the height of the platform.
How many people, are there aisles, steps near to the edge etc etc etc.
This is why you'll see 30" railings in front of the seats in a balcony, but
36" or even 42" high railings at the place where the balcony aisles end.

Ultimately, it's up to your local inspector to interpret this kind of code
and make a determination.

Codes need to fit ALL usages.... Ha!

Maia Robbins-Zust
Technical Director