[SML] Yearly Supplies and Maintenance/Repair Budget Items

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Wed Oct 7 19:52:36 UTC 2015

Hi Jenna,

First… CONGRATULATIONS!!

Next… Wow, this is quite a potential can of worms…

A couple of questions to get you thinking:

·         Are you in charge of scheduling the space? Does this include use during school hours, for after school rehearsals, for community events, on weekends…?

·         What is your hand-tool/shop-tool situation?  Do you maintain these? Do you have adequate storage for them?

·         Who does the work in the auditorium; students, volunteers, teachers, you, other staff?

o   Are you in charge of coordinating this work?

·         Do you have Show budgets for expendables like Gobos, Gel, blackwrap, lumber, paint, hardware, tieline, ect.?  Is there a designated place to store this stuff when not in use?

·         What about box-office?  So you handle this?  Do you have a budget for overhire?  Is this handled by volunteers?

·         Will you be in charge of (or even consulted on) infrastructure upgrades (putting data distribution for newer audio and lighting gear)?

In terms of Yearly Supplies, this will depend on what you provide for the events.
Maintenance might include microphone repair/replacement, lamps, Cable repair, Rigging inspection, paint, having soft goods cleaned/refurbished/re-fireproofed (every few years), and the list goes on….

I hope this helps give you a good starting point,
-Ford
Ford Sellers
Senior Product Development Manager
Chauvet Professional Lighting & Iluminarc
5200 NW 108th ave
Sunrise, FL 33351
Phone: 800-762-1084