[SML] Qlab and video

gbierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Sun Oct 11 01:53:14 UTC 2015

On Oct 9, 2015, at 8:46 PM, Andy Lang via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Generally speaking, don’t use a Blackmagic output unless you absolutely have to. Even if you need SDI output, you’ll get better performance using HDMI out of the computer directly, and then using an outboard converter to convert it to SDI.

First to answer the question, I have used the built in Display port to VGA and last year we used a second projector and used a Matrox dual-head-2-go.

While we are on this I would like to hijack this thread, I have been trying to research the best way to get multiple video outputs.  I would prefer to run two individual outputs out of an 2009 iMac.  I have an older Matrox VGA dual-head-2-go and I am having a harder time getting drivers to work.  I would prefer to edge blend two surfaces anyway.  Do you have any suggestions as some good economical devices (brands and models) that will work well.  I have borrowed and tried a variety of cheaper usb to video adaptors with varying success.  My current projectors don't have HDMI in but my next pair probably will.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Manager
Hempfield High School