[SML] Rear projection

Ray Gibson booray at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 19:39:39 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 7:39 AM, John McAfee via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I’m working on setting up some set windows (4 @ 6’x6’) for rear projection and I wanted to know people’s recommendations for fabric/screen material and projectors.  I should be able to get a 20’ throw and the projection designer is hoping to cover more than one window with one projector.
>
> Neither I, nor the projection designer, nor the set designer have used rear projection, but front projection in our venue is going to be such a headache, we’d rather tread into the unknown.

Super late to the party (was striking Ave Q)... but we used two layers
of plastic drop cloth stretched and stapled onto a frame, projector
aimed down to kill hotspot and keystone adjusted to compensate.
Worked great.  Similar to a shower curtain I guess.

Ray