[SML] media servers: was Re: Future of Luminaires

Alf Sauve' alf at sauve.org
Tue Sep 8 21:26:31 UTC 2015

Very amateurish compared to the others listed, but in the school arena
we're using more and more rear projection cyc's for grade school and
middle high musicals.  Typically it's a large rear projection center
screen, with one projector. Last school year on of the Jr. musicals came
with backgrounds on a DVD for just that purpose.

The problem of course is keeping the other lighting off the cyc.  If I
had a couple of spare 12K+ projectors I'd love to try and light the
whole show with them, but what I see for a while is mixed media.  Some
conventional, some LED, some movers and come projection.