[SML] media servers: was Re: Future of Luminaires

Bruce Purdy bpurdy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Sep 8 22:07:15 UTC 2015

Alf Sauve wrote:

> we're using more and more rear projection cyc's for grade school and middle high musicals.  Typically it's a large rear projection center screen, with one projector. Last school year on of the Jr. musicals came with backgrounds on a DVD for just that purpose.
>
> The problem of course is keeping the other lighting off the cyc

	Keeping lights off the cyc can be problematic, but in my experience the biggest problem would be room behind the cyc for rear projection! In every venue I’ve ever worked, the cyc is either right against the US wall of the stage, or about three feet away to create a crossover.

Bruce
-----
Bruce Purdy
Central New York Magic Theatre Co.