[SML] Pippin in Japan

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Sep 11 16:56:13 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 9:03 AM, David Neale via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Secondly, if you've seen the production, there are two tall rolling stair units lined with marquee lights that dim with the normal stage lights on cue.  There are no visible power cables so I assume there are substantial on board batteries.  How do you control/ dim lights wirelessly like that?

The lights are most likely low-voltage, and LED... which are
controlled by a controller/dimmer that also runs on low voltage, and
there is also a wireless DMX receiver, also running on DC (low
voltage) - keeping it all on the wagons, with no cables.  All of this
uses very little power, and is easily run on batteries.  Fun stuff.

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com