[SML] Bluetooth-wireless mics???

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Sep 18 15:22:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Ford Sellers via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I’ve never used Bluetooth wireless mics, but I do know a little bit about Bluetooth from developing products.
> If I had performers coming into a venue with their own Bluetooth wireless mics… I’d be a little freaked out
>
> There are 3 classes of Bluetooth:

Thanks Ford and James....  I guess we'll see what they show up with.
I am also wondering if perhaps the person who said they're "bluetooth"
- maybe they're a standard wireless mic, with a headworn element, and
she assumes anything worn clipped over an ear means "bluetooth."   :)
 I just feel like honest-to-goodness bluetooth microphones  for
performance use just seems thoroughly hinky.

The specific act (one of several from China) is a Chinese opera
company.  I'm used to the Western form of opera, where they don't
amplify themselves, but this is the second time I've worked with a
portion of a Chinese opera, where they were accustomed to wearing
mics.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com