[SML] Alternative to Incandescent House Lights

Steven Hood shood_td at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 22:09:54 UTC 2015

After a lot of testing, we decided that screw-base LED dimmable lamps
aren't suited to theatrical dimming systems. Different-enough dimming
technology, it seems, compared to the dimmers used in homes. We're looking
down the same path, and there are a few companies building good fixtures
with good LED dimming. Chauvet, Aquarii, Altman, Strand (though their unit
isn't an exposed can), and Meteor. ETC is partners with GDS (UK-based), but
I don't know if they're building fixtures here in the US yet. Others may
also exist, but  these are the ones I know of.
Hth,
Steven R Hood
310.756.3555