[SML] Know someone looking for a change of scenery?

Will Leonard wleonard at alleytheatre.org
Tue Apr 26 21:19:32 UTC 2016

We are looking for two new positions...

ASSISTANT STAGE SUPERVISOR -The nationally recognized Alley Theatre (LORT B and C) in Houston, TX seeks an experienced and self-motivated individual for Assistant Stage Supervisor. The Alley is committed to equality and diversity in its workforce and encourages all interested parties to apply. This seasonal staff position works to provide management, leadership, and training for Stage Crew personnel.  A degree in Technical Theatre or equivalent professional theatre experience is preferred. Preference given to applicants with a working knowledge of stage automation systems, props repair, stage rigging, scene painting, hand sewing and/or repertory theatre operation. This position is full-time hourly, eligible for overtime, with a benefits package including paid vacation, family health and dental, and a 401k retirement plan.  Please send cover letter, resume and references to productiondept at alleytheatre.org with "Assistant Stage Supervisor" in the subject line. No phone calls please.  Visit www.alleytheatre.org/about-us/opportunities/employment for more info and job description. EOE

WIG ASSISTANT - The nationally recognized Alley Theatre (LORT B and C) in Houston, TX seeks experienced and creative individual for the position of Wig Assistant. The Alley produces 14 shows in two spaces each year. Responsibilities include working with cast through half hour and running shows, daily wig and facial hair maintenance, and building and fronting wigs. Skills required include ventilating, setting and styling wigs and hair pieces, and familiarity with historical hairstyles. Ideal candidates will be team players with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and backstage experience. The position is full time hourly, eligible for overtime and includes paid vacation, health and dental benefits and a 401k retirement plan. Please email letter of interest, resume and references to productiondept at alleytheatre.org with "Wig Assistant" in the subject line. No phone calls please.  EOE Visit www.alleytheatre.org/about-us/opportunities/employment for more info and job description.

If you have any questions about the Asst. Stage Supervisor, feel free to ask me. As for the Wig Asst., I can try to pass them along to the appropriate folks here.

Also, we are looking for Overhire Carpenters, so if you know of talented folks in the area or want to spend some time in the Houston area (& have a place to stay, unfortunately we can't house overhires), let us know.

Now back to beer & BBQ (which we have here in Houston),
- Will Leonard
Associate Technical Director
Alley Theatre
O: 713-315-5449