[SML] Relays vs. Traditional Circuit Breakers for LED Power.

tech dept tech.dept at inbox.com
Thu Aug 11 03:03:27 UTC 2016

It sounds to me like someone is trying to sell you a very exotic bill of goods that you really don't need and could do much cheaper and probably have better reliability a more conventional way. (Standard regular circuit breakers and a relay pack (though I really see no need for the extra step of a relay pack.) I assume all the fixtures are standard theatrical brands and DMX controlled. A nice large 'company switch' (AKA Bulldog) preceding the permanent breaker panel Is all the good night switching I would want for the breakers.
An inspector would really raise an eyebrow if you were regularly switching on and off the breaker for non-fault reasons.