[SML] question for router wizards

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 22:59:13 UTC 2016

Pretty close Paul G.  Most people would use a jig saw and belt sander
on the final piece and skip template other than perhaps a paper
pattern, and rely on Durhams or Bondo to fill in if they got to
aggressive. Since instead of framing I was thinking of doing stressed
skin panels that followed the ellipses, I thought a little more
precision was necessary.   All coupled with I've never have been a
wizard at staying in the lines starting with coloring books, so liked
the certainty of a guided router over a jig saw.  Albeit, ellipsograph
does that but seems like a lot of work and getting four different
quarter ellipses all tangent to where they meet seems especially
tedious.  In my instance, smoothness overall and in the transitions
and plumb cuts are more important than the geometry of an ellipse.

As always, thanks!

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC