[SML] LED Pars, pro/con of your fav units please

Jeffrey E. Salzberg jeff at jeffsalzberg.com
Fri Jan 15 18:02:20 UTC 2016

If it works for you, great, but I suspect we do different kinds of
shows.   Using Desires on an Express means dedicating 8 channels for
each fixture, on a console which is notoriously short on channels.
Controlling them on subs means at least one sub  and two  – one pile-on
and one inhibitive  – would be better) per light, when the Express is
even shorter on subs than it is on channels.  Multiply this by the 10 or
twelve lights it takes for a full-stage wash, and one quickly runs out
of channels.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but on an Express, the Desire would
never be my first choice, unless, as I said earlier, I was using them to
light faces.