[SML] Ringling Brothers Accident

Keith Arsenault iaeg.sml at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 17:31:40 UTC 2016

with Ringling  , , , it varies . .

when Desi Espana fell to her death on the GOLD unit . .  it was I believe on Ringling supplied gear . .

from what I recall it was an open faced block and the pin came out just after she was lifted to max height

( the block was used to lift a number of different acts over the course of the show ,)

if she had been on rigging supplier by her husband and her brother in law . . two of the best in the biz . . . she would be alive today . .

googled like crazy to find a report on that accident . . and couldn’t find one . . only a quote from Ken Feld

+++++++
L.G.: Did you ever, to your satisfaction, find out the cause of the accident that killed Dessi Espana?

K.F.: I believe it had something to do with a rigging situation.
+++++++++