[SML] Wrong time to plan

Bill Sapsis bill at sapsis-rigging.com
Thu Jun 30 02:23:45 UTC 2016

Well said Bruce.  Thanks for sharing.

The evolution of our industry from a neanderthal-like mentality, where safety measure didn’t exist at all, to the current state where many aspects of safety consciousness, wearing a harness, for example, are considered standard operating procedure, is ongoing.  We’re at the stage now where concepts like rescue planning are being considered by more and more venues and organizations.  I’m now doing training for concert tour crews; something that was unheard of just a few short years ago.  It’s slow going but we’re getting there.

And not to put too fine point on it, what Bruce said about practice and assessment is very true.  A training session isn’t worth a damn if it’s not followed up by practice and an evaluation of that practice.

Bill S

bill at sapsis-rigging.com
http://www.sapsis-rigging.com
+1.267.278.4561   mobile