[SML] roof question

Pat Kight kightp at peak.org
Thu Mar 3 06:05:25 UTC 2016

Dan Sheehan via Stagecraft wrote:
> our theatre building needs a new roof
>
> couple of people have suggested a metal roof
>
> I'm concerned about noise when it rains,
>  anybody have comments on this ?
> (Boston area)
>
> roof structure does include a 2" insulating foam layer
> (sketch attached)
>
> bldg is 60 x 100 on the ground, one story,
> underside of roof is open to interior (auditorium & stage)
>
> why do we need a new roof now?
> to make a  long story short,
> Never Buy A Roof From The Lowest Bidder.
>
> TIA
> --
> ...Dan Sheehan
> Fixer of things that break
A high school black-box venue where I work fairly has a metal roof, with
no soundproofing.

In the 3/4 of the year when rain is likely here in western Oregon, it
drowns out the actors to the point where some have stopped the show and
said "wait, we'll carry on when the rain lets up."

Just don't.

--
Pat Kight
kightp at peak.org