[SML] PVC socket cap

Mike Katz narishkup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:52:05 UTC 2016

I suspect that the solution you propose with the tapped fitting and a glued
1/4 coupling inside will work just fine. A 2" cap is pretty thick and
domestic water is usually 60 psi max.  My concern would be mechanical
leverage on the fitting depending on what the fitting connects to and how
those components are locked down in relation to the fitting and pipe.
Mike