[SML] Stage Pistol?

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Wed May 4 15:11:59 UTC 2016

Cheaper blank pistols tend to be cast out of cheaper and softer metals.  Real firearms are forged and machined out of good quality steel.  So wear out faster and much more vulnerable to damage from drops and impacts.
Rimfire cartridges are actually harder to make in quantity than center fire cartridges.   The tolerances in the case are much tighter, the metal is thinner, and depositing the primer compound in the rim correctly is difficult.
One of the reasons that .22 Rimfire ammo has been more expensive the last few years.  The production equipment is different, and you can't really make anything but ammo, blank ammo, and driver cartridges for those exploding hammers on the line.
But, once a production line is running and tuned up right, it is generally pretty reliable.  I'd be much more inclined to look at the blank firing pistol for problems.
Dale