[SML] Stage Pistol?

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Wed May 4 15:13:18 UTC 2016

> Anyone know why blank pistols tend to be unreliable?  Is it the blank
> ammo?  I shot .22 rifles competitively for years and had only 1 or 2
> duds in the entire time, but have had many instances of misfires with
> blanks.

I think it is due to most of them, especially the "trainer" pistols are very
cheaply made and do not have proper cylinder indexing latches.

Half a century ago, I used "acorn" blanks to scare the birds out of my
family's corn crop and don't recall ever having one misfire. But then, I was
using a real handgun, not a blank gun.

Bill