[SML] Stage pistol?

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Thu May 5 14:32:01 UTC 2016

Duncan Mahoney¹s advice is spot on, read well and carefully.

Based on the firearm in the post and the intentionally idiotic advice
related to it, I¹m pretty certain Richard Niederberg was being sarcastic.
Yes, disastrous results could ensue should anyone take it seriously - thus
making the idiot the one that takes firearm advice straight off the
internet without further research.  Including mine.

I¹ve had luck purchasing blank-fire-only revolvers from Collector¹s
Armoury.  They are the mostly-non-steel, not-long-term-reliable ones in
Duncan¹s post but we do short runs and they are sufficient for that.  They
use 8mm or 9mm blanks and can¹t be modified for anything else.  Some are
better than others.  They are very loud in smaller theaters. When we¹ve
used them both the appearance and the volume were desired.  If you go this
route, be aware that the direction of discharge varies gun by gun - some
out the top, some out the sides - in addition to the discharge between the
cylinder and the barrel that accompanies any revolver.

- Jim Dougherty
ATD, Middlebury College Theatre Dept.