[SML] ETC Safety cable loop

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Wed May 18 22:34:07 UTC 2016

I'd prefer to choke the cable to the cast eye, and clip the clip to the safety wire after looping around the lighting pipe.  That way the safety stays with the lamps, and not with the pipe.

In your method (as I understand it), the safety wire chokes the pipe.  It would be a second action (and take more time) to remove the safety from the pipe and put it back with the lamp.

I have some Selecons fresnels with the safety integral to the top of the lamp.  I like (OK, I accept) the method of how they house the safety within the lamp when not in use.  However, when I yoke the Fresnels out from the catwalk (as I do EVERY DARN TIME I hang it), the integral safety is too short (assuming the top of the lamp is away from the catwalk).  So I use a loose safety for the Fresnel yoke.  And then there is the safety from the barn door to the Fresnel yoke......

Too many wires some days.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

604-822-2372
Andrew.riter at ubc.ca