[SML] Wireless Routers

Steven Santos steven at simplycircus.com
Sun Oct 9 08:55:53 UTC 2016

The unit you reference is designed to mesh several access points
together, allowing you to roam seamlessly from AP to AP without
disruption. Not really for what you are asking about, but kind of
maybe what you really want.

If you were to use something like the Cisco Air 2504 and some Cisco
Aironet access points deployed around the stage, the loss of any one
(2, 3) access point would not be detrimental the functioning of your
wireless IP microphones.  The dead AP could be reset during or after
the show with little issue. Rolling your own could be done for ~$1,500
- $500 for the 2504, $800 for four of the 3600 Series AP's and another
$200 in misc parts.