[SML] Security: Active shooter

Alf Sauve' alf at sauve.org
Mon Oct 17 23:01:18 UTC 2016

Sorry, I was at at work and couldn't reply earlier.

I've been to two seminars, one by Cobb County (GA) Police and the other
by Marietta Police.   While they were delivered primarily to school
teachers the lessons are applicable to every environment.

The Cobb PD used a program called Run, Hide, Fight.   And while it was
good I prefer the Marietta PD program which is base don the Texas State
University program called Avoid, Deny, Defend.

http://www.avoiddenydefend.org/

Check with your local PD  and see if they hold seminars on active
shooter response.

Also part of Avoid, Deny, Defend is a program called Don't Name Them.
Well worth learning about and supporting.