[SML] Ion / ultratec radiance hazer

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Fri Sep 2 16:00:23 UTC 2016

Congrats on the new console.  You’ll love it.

Have you loaded the fixture profile in the patch for the hazer?
The “fixture” will take up 2 addresses (DMX 1 (hazer) and 2 (fan)).  I’m assuming second universe, since address 1 in U 1 would be a dimmer???
So the patch address should be @ 2/1  (At universe 2, address 1).  It will display as address 1-2.  Or 2/1-2, or 513-514, depending on pressing Format key.

The profile will automatically take the second address, since it knows the device requires 2 consecutive addresses.

Check “dimmer” profiles assigned to the address.
Check all your subs.  Does one also have the hazer channel recorded into it?
                (Use [About] (chan) xx)  it will show level, and source of level.

I’ve always hot-patched the fan, and run the hazer from the console, patched as a Hazer or Radiance Hazer.

Final advice, set-up an ETC forum account, and sign into the Eos Family forums.  Great help source, from users and ETC programmers, coders, help staff.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

604-822-2372
Andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:Andrew.riter at ubc.ca>