[SML] Question for Props Artisans

Stephen Rees Stephen.Rees at fredonia.edu
Mon Sep 26 12:03:14 UTC 2016

Listers,
I have a friend who has been commissioned to execute a wolf's head and a
couple of other pieces for a production of Nutcracker. He has done many
such fanciful sculptures previously but as his own works of art, not as
works for hire. His question to me - and now to you - what is the best way
for him to charge for this work? Time and materials? Flat fee? Hourly?
Other options?  We've already discussed the need for a letter of
agreement.  Your assistance and advice gratefully appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

Stephen E. Rees
RAC Addition Project Shepherd
State University of New York at Fredonia
716.673.3208 Office
716.680.1565 Mobile