[SML] Tornado Effect For Oz Christmas Ballet

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 05:32:47 UTC 2017

First, it's bad form to quote the entire Digest. But to your question,  I don't think anyone has successfully created a physical wind tornado vortex on stage for Oz. I have seen some successful vortexes done in museum. But those were actually quite lame looking and also required some  structure around it to guide the air, and would be in the audience's view. The movie used rotating cloth tube to do the vortex. Nowadays projection may be an option. But many will prefer to use dancers who portrayed the wind and gives a chance for the abundant young ladies that study dance, and need opportunities to be in shows. Given that your show is a Christmas ballet, that would be an obvious answer.

-Joe

  On Wed, Aug 30, 2017  Chris Kidd wroteI am mostly a lurker here, but would appreciate any information on how anyone may have been able to create a tornado effect using dry ice or smoke on stage.