[SML] (Long Post) Compute Stick? and Lighting control

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Tue Jan 3 15:58:47 UTC 2017

Hi George,
Thanks for the suggestions!
For the computer… do you know how those little computers stand-up to being left on?

For the console side…
I did look at ETC, and ETC is groovy, except for the pricing, and the fact that the Nomad doesn’t natively handle video. The programming differences from their current HogII are not too bad, but the price is a pretty big hurdle.
A Nomad Puck 1024 (they currently have 4 universes of DMX) is $3,000, plus the Wings ($5,500 for a programming wing) and the TCP/IP to DMX Gadget for another $250 each.
It looks like they have a special where you can get the programming wing with a Puck for $6240… but that is not really competitive with the other manufactures.
Also, the wall stations would be in a different system (I know that they could be setup with sACN, but they specifically asked to have it all from one manufacturer).  Even if I could talk them into splitting the system, I think the pricing is just too high.

The MPC stuff is very cool.  No wall plates, but we might be able to use some kind of a Midi touch panel…
Does anyone know of a MIDI wall plate?

Thanks,
-Ford