[SML] WAY, WAY, WAY O.T. : Death and Politics

Tim Catlett tmcatlett at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 20:25:07 UTC 2017

The Mission & Vision of the Women's March on Washington yesterday, which I
proudly attended was:

"We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the
protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families -
recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of
our country.

OUR MISSION

The rhetoric of the past election cycle has insulted, demonized, and
threatened many of us - immigrants of all statuses, Muslims and those of
diverse religious faiths, people who identify as LGBTQIA, Native people,
Black and Brown people, people with disabilities, survivors of sexual
assault - and our communities are hurting and scared. We are confronted
with the question of how to move forward in the face of national and
international concern and fear.

In the spirit of democracy and honoring the champions of human rights,
dignity, and justice who have come before us, we join in diversity to show
our presence in numbers too great to ignore. The Women’s March on
Washington will send a bold message to our new government on their first
day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights. We
stand together, recognizing that defending the most marginalized among us
is defending all of us.

We support the advocacy and resistance movements that reflect our multiple
and intersecting identities. We call on all defenders of human rights to
join us. This march is the first step towards unifying our communities,
grounded in new relationships, to create change from the grassroots level
up. We will not rest until women have parity and equity at all levels of
leadership in society. We work peacefully while recognizing there is no
true peace without justice and equity for all.

HEAR OUR VOICE"

In solidarity with this mission,

Tim Catlett