[SML] Educational sources on time code and sync

Michael Sauder michael.sauder at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:04:19 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

Last fall I started a position at a certain famous large theater in NYC
that nicely combines my experience with IT, theater, and show control.

So far, so good. But there's one area I definitely have a weakness in;
timecode and other syncing technologies. I know/have used basic MTC and
LTC, but here we have an almost broadcast-worthy system with Evertz and
distripalyzers and auto-changeovers, and talk about tri-level sync and
burst and word clock and... all this stuff that is a world I've never dealt
with, and seems to cross disciplines (video uses one kind of sync, audio a
different kind of sync, etc).

It's not exactly a topic with best sellers on Amazon, so I'm searching
around fo any sources out there that I can use to get a better handle on
this. What does what, how do you combine, what cables do you use, etc.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Michael S.

--