[SML] Red LED clip-on book light? No such thing? Really?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Jan 25 17:11:51 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 7:24 AM, dale <dale at cybercom.net> wrote:
> For that purpose I've used usb powered gooseneck lights paired with one of
> those little usb rechargabe batteries.  I do suggest something to keep it
> from sliding on the table too easily.  I just put a couple wraps of friction
> tape around the battery.

Yeah, I use things akin to that at a production table, but I move
around the space... wanting something that can clip to a clipboard,
preferably with a gooseneck.

Bill - I've got Petzl head lamps... work great, but I don't want my
light bouncing up and down as it points wherever I'm looking.  :)  I'd
rather have a gooseneck pointed down at my notepad.

I may try one of those compact "tactical" clip doo-dads
(gooseneck-less) - but I wonder if it will really give me the coverage
I want without moving and re-clipping it constantly.

The idea of ripping out an LED and soldering another one in its place
is something I hadn't thought about... I think I'd have to see some
possible victims in person to see if it's do-able. I'll peruse the
cheapo electronics warehouse when I get a chance.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com