[SML] Intercom Options

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Thu May 4 14:41:05 UTC 2017

On 5/4/17 10:36 AM, Bill Conner via Stagecraft wrote:
> Please clarify what the users that would have multiple failures during
> a show are doing. Certainly this is other than sitting at a console in
> the booth or even running a follow spot.  It seems the plugging and
> unplugging is the hardest wear, and I went for years with one patch
> cord for use in hotels, 50-60 times a year unwinding and unsnarling
> it, plugging in and unplugging and balling it back up into my
> briefcase without failure.  The tab would eventually break off but
> still work till I could get a new one.  I thought I was brutal on
> these but your users seem to have me beat for destroying cords.

But you're not actively moving the cable and connection around while
you're using it.  Once that tab breaks off (pretty quickly in my
experience) there's nothing but friction holding the cable in the
beltpack. One small tug and the fly operator is disconnected and can't
here the ASM telling him to hold because an actor is under the curtain.

STeve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall