[SML] FOH hang and focus safety improvement needed

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Sun Nov 26 11:19:23 UTC 2017

> I don't know cost. Years ago I had a 20 or 30' diameter circular catwalk
> truss and iirc in the $25,000 range. Maybe a straight stick is $10,000??
>
> I could imagine this would be possible on stick framed walls.
>
> I don't know elevations but if deck is 11', maybe under side is 9 or 10',
> perhaps ok when parked over last row of seats. Too many things I don't know.
>
> Access at heigth is always tricky. The track system could be overhead with
> truss suspended or on a kind of shelf off the wall.
>
> The solution could be simple and not too expensive compared to genie and
> straddle, but design work is far from trivial.

Thanks for the thoughts, Bill.

I actually like the idea better than either the Straddle or motorizing the
pipes. It would leave some money to improve the pipe mounting to the ceiling -
although the current mounts seem quite steady.

Maybe Don Taco will pop back in and comment on what he would prefer.

Bill