[SML] Northern Lights Doozie

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 23:15:28 UTC 2017

A was planning to post this idea, but Sarah McKenney sort of beat me to it.  Though, my idea was to use clear flexible vinyl sheeting.  It is used in the refrigeration industry to form strip curtains.  I just looked online and saw at Tap Plastics,  1/8" thick, by 12 inches wide, x 200ft long role for $3.50/foot.  That was the widest they had.  Interstate Plastics has some rolls 48" wide, x 60ft long and 0.120" thick for $630.

Then add edge emitting LED strips along the edge. But, I am not certain the light will not just concentrate on the edge alone, unless you do something to disrupt the surface.

Perhaps a sander or wire brush on a rotary tool would do it.  I wonder if gelatin would do the same job, and leave the plastic unharmed. I imagine using fairly thick gelatin, so that as you drag through it, the brush strokes remain.

-Joe