[SML] Tornado Effect For Oz Christmas Ballet

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 03:19:24 UTC 2017

      From: Richard John Archer via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
>  As Joe has said, I imagine metallic confetti  would work fairly well.  ...Folds ( which often happens in
> bigger bags of it)  means pieces stick together and need manual separation before using.
I was picturing a fairly slight fold. Perhaps crease is a better word.  Perhaps another approach would be to run a hot soldering iron along one side of a metallic Flutter Fetti stack.  We would just need enough to disrupt  tight seal that can form along the edge of the confetti when it is against another smooth surface.I think this is what makes it so hard to get up.

But, you own experience with cleaning up the paper version seems to be very good.  So perhaps the shape of the Flutter Fetti is what makes it easier to clean up, and perhaps metallic version is fine as is.
As an aside, I've seen a demonstration of two very smoothly machined and polished pieces of metal. If you slide them together, you successfully put them face to face with no air between them.  Then, it is surprisingly hard to separate them by pulling outward. The 15 PSI of air pressure is pressing on the outside, and the finely machined surface is not letting air in at the seam. I am imagining that a piece of mylar would form a similar bond to a polished floor, and thus be difficult to vacuum or sweep up.

 -Joe