[SML] What is your favorite cue number method?

Andrew Vance atvanceld at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 21:25:37 UTC 2018

I use odd numbers almost exclusively.  If I go a few pages without a
cue, I skip some numbers to allow for something I'll add in later.
LQ1-10 are usually reserved for preset, houselight moves, etc.;
basically anything that happens prior to the start of the show.  Show
starts with LQ11.

I like to start Act 2 with LQ101 [or 201, depending on the complexity
of the show].  I'll back by intermission cues up so that LQx95 is
House/Preset, LQx97 is house to half, and LQx99 is House/preset out. I
do that same thing at the end of the show.

For me, its about being able to find where I'm at in a show without
having to think about it too much.  I also hate point-cues with a
passion, so I do all I can to avoid having the SM call them.

As you can see, I've had too much time to think about this as well. : )

--
Sincerely,

Andrew Vance
Lighting Designer