[SML] What is your favorite cue number method?

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Mon Feb 26 04:18:09 UTC 2018

> I go by page number... cue 5 is the first cue on page 5, etc. Each added
> cue per page is a point cue. I use the SM's calling script for page
> numbering...

I suggested something similar to that on the list some time back.

The first cue on the page is the page number. The next major cue on the page
would be n.1, the second major cue n.2 etc. If there are minor cues, they are
of the form n.n1 through n.n8 as needed.  Blackouts are always n.9 or n.n9 -
e.g. if the last digit after the decimal point is a 9, it is a blackout cue.

If the script publisher is so inconsiderate as to number the first script page
as page 1, then preshow cues are all less than 1 as needed.

An example of a sequence of cues might be:

3
3.1
3.2
3.21
3.29
3.3
3.31
3.4
4
4.09
4.1
5
5.1
5.2
6

On the ION series of consoles, you cannot record Cue 0, but you can GOTO Cue
0. So I link the final cue back to Cue 0. That makes it a single GO button
push to get to the boot-up blackout in preparation to shutting down the
console.

Bill