[SML] QLab triggering Express via MIDI or MSC....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Mon Jan 15 19:40:29 UTC 2018

Howdy y'all...

I'd like to have our QLab rig trigger our Express (or vice-versa) -
and as they're in different places, it's not practical to run a long
MIDI cable down aisles, seats, etc....

We've got lots of CAT 6 in our walls.... no need or desire to run
MIDI/MSC through a managed network, but just through the dry lines via
ethernet cable.  Anyone do such a silly thing?

Running QLab 4 on a Mac Mini, with an Edirol Firewire interface....
Express 48/96. (Express is already running MSC to the ETC SmartFade
ML, which runs the wiggle lights.)

Thoughts?

--
Jon Ares