[SML] QLab triggering Express via MIDI or MSC....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Mon Jan 15 21:33:05 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 12:45 PM, Brian James via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Are you totally against a network approach? I have had a ton of stability
> and success using the network MIDI option. You really do not need a true
> network, static addresses on both ends should do it.
>
> Network MIDI is built into the Mac OS and if you have a Windows machine you
> can use Rtp Midi

I'm not opposed to a network approach - I just assumed it was a pricey
and overly-complicated and unnecessary methodology.... I really don't
know anything about MIDI over a network.... would it require something
like two KISS-Boxes - one for the Mac, and one for the Express?
That's about $1K right there.....

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com