[SML] Dry Ice

Bruce bruce at ledworklights.com
Wed Jan 31 07:01:26 UTC 2018

> You probably won't be able to keep that much out of the pit,
> unless you put up
> a barrier several feet tall. Even then, if there are any holes between the
> stage and pit, CO2 can enter that way. You will need a high quality CO2
> detector/alarm.

I've worked on shows that succesfully contained the CO2 fog to the edge
using a fairly low velocity air curtain placed along the edge of the deck
aimed upward and [ever so slightly] backward. The designer seemed to enjoy
the fact that the fog would lift up along the curtain and curl backwards a
bit as it fell off/de-adhered.

Might not work for you, but an option to consider.

:Bruce Cooper
--
Itinerant Stagehand and Creature Mechanic.