[SML] Projection Surface

Jacob Blumberg jacobblumberg18 at students.fieldschool.org
Tue Mar 13 00:59:59 UTC 2018

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a projection surface that has some cool surface to it and
makes it more than just a sheet. I saw something awhile back that was
modular and cool. It was lots of hexagons that could internconnect into any
surface you wanted and was storeable. We have a relatively small space. It
is 27 feet horizontal and then we also want to have 8 foot angled walls on
either side with a hole for entrances. Ideally we would also like to have a
openable entrance for one scene during the show. And as they do on house
hunters I want this all in a $500 budget. Also we would like something that
a team of four to five highly skilled people could assemble in a couple of
hours. I know this is asking a lot, but if your willing to help I will add
some details below.

Some thoughts that we had:

We have a center projection screen that can raise and lower from the booth,
and we were going to use that for the center part and have cool stuff of
the sides.

We were going to make 8 foot walls length that could be moved with a small
crew, but that was shot down because it was “too labor intensive”

Other details:
Grid to floor is 12 feet, so we don’t need anything huge

Any help I would be eternally greatful for,
Jacob Blumberg