[SML] Yesterday's 3D project: 3-fer attachment clippie

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Sat May 12 07:11:10 UTC 2018

Yep, there's at least a couple SML people with our 3D printed stuff
buried inside a product.  Great for brackets, spacers, and the like.  We
make some parts out of polycarbonate for a client (used on engines),
only problem is polycarbonate is good at gumming up the printer and hard
to get to stick just enough to the platform.

Starting to use more PET now that my source of good PLA dried up.
Making some test parts for a client's outdoor use...needs to be outside
in desert sun and survive at least as long as his warranty.  :)

The one thing I'm not making is all the trinkets/statues that most
people make.  :)

Oh, and hot air guns are GREAT for cleaning up "hairs" and relieving
stress marks on parts.  I use a hot air soldering pencil since we
already had one.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.DurandInterstellar.com