[SML] Extremely low profile air caster?

gbierly at dejazzd.com gbierly at dejazzd.com
Thu Oct 4 14:02:40 UTC 2018

On Oct 3, 2018, at 3:58 PM, Joe Dunfee via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I was in a rehearsal, when at the end of a dream sequence, the director asked the character to "float" away as the dream faded.  He said ideally, she would just move backwards, without walking. But he just asked her to walk backwards smoothly.

For what you are suggesting I would think the Pallet Master caster sourced from Rose Brand would make the lowest profile platform I can think of as long as the motion is in a straight line

https://www.rosebrand.com/product2682/Pallet-Master-Caster.aspx?tid=3&info=Cup%2BSwivel%2BCaster

4 holes in a piece of 3/4” ply and VERY careful alignment of the casters would be far less problematic than air casters that will give you issues with any seams or imperfections in the stage flooring and eliminating the need for air and power.

Since you are just down the road let me know if you want to try any out.

FYI, your way is WAY cooler.  I got my CPAP from Lincare.  They might have a junk drawer of parts they might let you go through.

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Manager
Hempfield High School