[SML] UV Light source

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 02:32:01 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 3:40 PM PJ Veltri via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I 100% agree with George. We did a show last year with a large amount of
UV and
> rented a few of the American DJ UV COB Cannons. While they made certain
colors
> of the Wildfire UV paint pop, they were nowhere near as good as a true UV
source.
> We eventually swapped them out for Altman arc source UV units.

Yep...

Everyone who has tried to "cheap out" on UV effects in every show I've ever
worked, up to and including exhibitors at the Detroit Auto Show, have
eventually seen the folly of their ways and gone to either Altman or (more
popularly) Wildfire units. But usually they've resisted the idea for so
long that they wound up paying a premium for the last-minute rentals.
Better off planning on spending the cash in advance and saving a bit, if
you ask me...

--
Dave Vick
IATSE #274, Michigan